Internal medicine or general internal medicine is the medical specialty dealing with the prevention,
diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of acute or chronic diseases, with special focus on coordinating
care for adult with many medical problems or diseases. We also specialize in health promotion, early
and appropriate screening and prevention of diseases. The section of Internal Medicine, strives in
providing excellent patient care and patient safety.
Care in the Internal Medicine Department includes:
- Preventive medicine and screening care – blood pressure screening, cholesterol screening,
mammograms, Pap smears, routine colon cancer screening evaluation
- Care for patients with acute illness, symptoms, or complaints (shortness of breath, chest, abdominal
or back pain, etc.) who need help in diagnosing and managing their conditions
- Care of patients with chronic medical conditions including high blood pressure, diabetes, heart
disease, and emphysema throughout the various stages of the disease, and coordinated with
specialized medical or surgical care providers as needed.
- Comprehensive management of medical needs for hospitalized patients
- Palliative care services for those patients experiencing serious or life threatening illness.
Coptic Hospital has seven operating rooms with highly qualified staff. The theatre has
facilities for day cases and surgical procedures.
We carry out different surgical procedures as follows:
- Day cases and minor procedures such as colonoscopy, endoscopy, circumcision & skin
- Laparascopic procedures: appendectomy, cholecystectomy, colectomy, diagnostic
laparoscopy, hysterectomy, adhesiolysis,